Sunday 10 June 2012

A Paddling Pilgrimage

It's one of the last places in my country for me to visit. St Kilda is unique- a spectacular land and seascape with a history that is unlike any other. An exploration by kayak is undoubtedly the best way to see it. I joined one of  Murdo MacDonald and Murty Campbell's cruises on the MV Cuma, and I can't recommend it highly enough. The company was wonderful, the food heartening, and to top it all, the weather was fine.
I think I'll just post the pictures rather than say anything else.











 We moved on to the clear waters of Taransay and Scarp.







Murty Campbell, sea kayaking legend



3 comments:

  1. Murty looks like he is imagining a cool post paddling pint. Fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iain, so glad to see that you had good weather to explore the astonishing St Kilda. It took us quite a while to adjust our vertical perspective back down from St Kilda dimensions! And in Murdani and Cuma, you had the finest base imaginable.

    Some superb images here, I absolutely love the Gannets over Stac Lee

    Kind Regards

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip, and absolutely stunning photos. Truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete